Change the world in just your pajamas!
Processing Fee: n/a
In their words:
Help From Home is a grassroots initiative with a passion for making a difference in the world we live in. On the whole, given an opportunity to do some good, most people would help out worthy causes if it meant no commitment on their part, had minimal impact into their lives and could be performed whilst sitting in the comfort of their favourite chair, in front of their favourite computer whilst remaining in the comfort of their favourite home!
Help From Home is run as a free community service to promote and encourage participation in easy, no commitment micro volunteering opportunities where a spare 10 seconds to 30 minutes is all that is needed to help out worthy causes. Over 500 micro volunteer actions are featured and categorised into those that are ‘Do Good’, ‘Green’ or Advocacy based, where for instance you can fight cancer with your computer, play a game to plant a free tree, knit clothes for the homeless, make a seriously ill child smile or donate fruit seeds to worthy causes etc, etc, etc.
Help From Home promotes micro volunteering to various sectors of society including:
- primarily home based opportunities via its ‘Change the World in Just Your Pajamas’ project
- office workers, through its ‘Lunch Break Volunteering’ scheme
- residents of care homes via its meaningful activity programme suggestions - holiday makers via it's 'Responsible Tourism From Your Armchair' project
- its ‘Do Good’ cards that virally encourage others to participate in ‘do good’ actions and
- it's 'Chari-Tree' product that raises money for micro volunteering initiatives via a free family tree gift
Can U Help
There is much good to be done out there and many smiles to be put on many faces. See what you can do for the world, in just your pajamas!